More Leather Necklaces: Long and Short



I really enjoy experimenting with leather, combining different types, widths and dyes of leather with a variety of beads for different shapes and styles of necklaces.  My customers are enjoying it, too!

Two customers recently commissioned 18" necklaces made with grey deerskin lace.  One chose a slim width with a grey and black jasper bead...  I love the "spider web" effect of these beads!


Another chose a double width of wider grey deerskin lace with peach moonstones.  The peach moonstones have a grey undertone which perfectly complements the leather.  The deerskin lace used in these necklaces is incredibly soft and light - a firm favorite for me!



My own fancy has taken me in the direction of long necklaces - perfect for my usual fall/winter uniform of tunics and long open sweaters, because the line of the necklace mimics the line of my    clothing.  This one features striped blue agate beads with lapis chips and chocolate deerskin lace.  The brown electrifies the blue!



This one features multi-colored imperial sediment jasper with grey deerskin lace.  (The pink tone in the left picture is reflected light; the leather is the same grey as in the first picture, above.)  The jasper beads are a riot of color, and the pendant is a darling antiqued bronze seahorse.








Comments

Post a Comment