Graceful Necklaces



I use freeform wire sections and beautiful beads of all kinds to make necklaces with unusual but elegant shapes.  These are all designed to fall just below the collar bone - perfect over a shell, to nestle in a v-neck, or inside a collared blouse.

My first necklace of this kind was an experiment - I was fooling around with wire shapes, wondering what I could make if I linked them together.  I quickly realized that by using wire wrapping techniques to link the shapes together and adorn them with beads, I could create something unique and lovely.

My first: 16 gauge silver plated wire, with citrine and opal beads and freshwater pearls.  I used an antiqued silver plated chain to finish with a simple lobster clasp.



This method lends itself to fantastic shapes from combinations of shaped sections and beads wired together using 24 gauge wire.

This one is made of 4 sections of shaped 16 gauge copper wire and antiqued copper chain.  The beads are striped orange agate and opal.


Freshwater pearls and glass beads make a beautiful combination with bright copper.  I used a smaller/finer gauge of wire (18 gauge) for this necklace, creating an airier, elegant shape.  I finished it with a silver plated chain and simple lobster.



To create a different architectural shape, I used a continuous piece of 16 gauge silver-filled wire, stringing jasper and glass beads directly on the wire.  Finished with silver plated chain. I love the combination of these blue beads with the silver.


Comments